Where we stand
As many of you know, the Texas Legislature voted to abolish the Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners on May 27, 2019. This means that effectively, there is no such thing as a licensed plumber in the state of Texas as of September 1, 2019.
So what does this mean? Well… this year marks the 40th anniversary of Charlie’s Plumbing being in business. We will still only hire and employ plumbers who have been licensed and have the required minimum of 8,000 hours of training to become a journeyman and an additional four years of training to become a master plumber.
We have always and will continue to:
- Follow all plumbing codes required by the UPC, IPC and municipalities.
- Require the most extensive training.
- Employ and enforce a random drug testing program.
- Background check our employees annually.
- Carry a full line of vehicle, worker’s compensation, general liability and umbrella insurance.
- Train our employees to be the best in the field.
- Elevate our employees and provide them with the pay they deserve and quality benefits, so that they may take care of their families and have a great retirement.
Modern plumbing has saved more lives than modern medicine. We bring clean drinking water, sanitary waste removal, medical gas, backflow prevention and natural gas safely to your home and facilities.
After September 1, 2019, it is no longer required that plumbing companies carry insurance or have any training at all. The regulatory enforcement will fall to individual municipalities. None of us know how this will all shake out, but our priority is to provide our clients with the best possible service and the highest level of quality. We will continue to fight for stringent regulations and state licensing.
We care about our communities’ health and that of our industry, our employees as well as all of our families. You will continue to get the same service from us you have come to expect. You have our word on it.
- Commercial, Industrial and Residential Plumbing.
- 24/7 Emergency Service
- Boiler System Installation And Repair
- Water Heater Repair And Replacement
- Hydro-Jet Service
- Water System Repair And Re-Piping
- Sewer System Repair And Replace
- Gas System Testing, Repair, Replace
- Certified Backflow Testing and Protection
- Under Slab Tunneling
- Roof Drains
- Electronic Leak Detection
- Electronic Line Location
- Sewer Pipe Video Inspection
- Sewer Clearing And Cleaning
- Lift Station Repair
- Grease Traps
- Compressed Air Lines
- Occupancy and ADA Compliance
- Pump Repair and replacement
Charlie’s Plumbing, Inc. has built a reputation as Houston’s Plumber and premier service provider for industrial, residential and commercial plumbing services. Charlie’s Plumbing is committed to maintaining the level of trust and quality craftsmanship that it provides to businesses and institutions in virtually every industry in the Greater Houston area. Charlie’s Plumbing is set apart by the fact that our customers rely on us to provide excellent commercial plumbing services to specialized industries such as education, manufacturing, hospitality and healthcare. Our skilled commercial plumbing technicians utilize the latest technologies, including video inspection and Hydrojet services to ensure that every aspect of your plumbing system is as healthy as possible. These efforts are aimed at saving water and improving pressure and sanitation.
In need of an emergency plumber fast? With more than 30 fully stocked vehicles, our fleet is available to quickly respond to emergency plumbing situations, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Depending on your location and situation, your emergency plumber should arrive within two hours or less.
If you need a good Houston plumber, Charlie’s Plumbing Inc. is the call to make. With 40 years of experience, we can get the job done right.
You Say You’re a Commercial Plumber? Prove It.
If you’re a skilled plumber who’s got the grit, talk to us. Text “I GOT THE GRIT” to 713.252.9064 or call to schedule an interview.
Click for Perks